Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Lowe song

Found an old poem I wrote, back when I was a trainee copywriter with Lowe Lintas, Delhi. Back when I was paid peanuts and worked like a donkey. I captured my helplessness in this poem one night while chasing a deadline at 5 in the morning after 4 days of constant work. I then went and made numerous copies and pasted it on everybody's tables as an act of retribution. It worked, and I finally got 2 days off. Finding it after 5 years, this feeling of nostalgia washes over me. I wanted to share it with whoever's interested.

The Lowe Lintas Song (The company name has now changed to Lowe)

Abide with me Lowe, comes the big deadline.
Client Servicing threatens, Lowe with me abide.

Media planning fucks up, and all the CDs flee.
Help of the helpless Oh! Abide with me

I need thy presence, every passing hour.
what but thy grace can foil the clients power.

Who like thyself my guide and stay can be,
through brief and deadline, Oh abide with me.

I fear no foe with thee at hands to bless,
BILT has no weight, eGurucool no bittterness,

Where Parker's sting where Nestle's Fruit-tips three.
Help of the hopeless, Oh! Abide with me.

No comments: