Friday, June 01, 2007

Counter-feat

Last weekend, I had installed a stat counter on my blog. This nifty little piece of code helps me keep a track of the number of people reading my blog.

The maximum number of comments I’ve ever had to a post is 6. And that too since a friend linked her blog to mine. So imagine my surprise when the counter tells me that since last week, 197 people have visited my blog. Damn! And I thought I was as alone out here as Jonah in the Whale’s stomach.

And though I’m elated, something doesn’t quite add up. 197 visitors and just 1 comment? That is really appalling.

Why do these voyeurs not leave even a vowel behind as a sign of their visit?

Most movies have the often hackneyed scene where a parent walks into a child’s room at night and upon seeing the child asleep, gazes at him/her with adoration and then tiptoes out after either planting a kiss on the sleeping body, or covering it with a sheet that’s been flung aside.

My ego will love to believe that this is the case here too.

But I’m not an angel by any stretch of the imagination. And considering the nature of my posts, it’ll be more like walking into my room and silently watching me play with myself. A very unsettling experience, to say the least.

No wonder I don’t get any comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A comment to proffer 5 vowels for you —
a.e.i.o.u. :-)

Kay said...

Blogs, like everything, are conversations. Guess that's why you miss the comments so much.