Sunday, September 30, 2007

What's cooking?

If you're single, try like hell not to live an an apartment with married people around you.

Look at the state I'm in.

The lady next door has been cooking Mallu food since 12 o clock and I'm going nuts over here. The smells of the dishes keeps wafting over into my drawing room, through my kitchen window. I actually spent 10 minutes in my kitchen, savouring the many different smells drifting into my house.

A Half hour back, I smelt Kappa being cooked. Then there was the mashed onion and green chilly chutney. Now there's a distinct smell of 'Pappadum' being fried, overridden by the overpowering smell of my favourite 'Thiyal'.

And all this while I'm watching 'Red Beard' by Kurosawa. Sorry Akira, It's not that you aren't good. It's just that the neighbour's wife's cooking is better.

Suddenly, arranged marriage doesn't seem that bad an idea after all.

2 comments:

The Nebulous One said...

Just hire a cook instead. Easier, trust me.

Champion Kickah said...

Why don't you get Vishnu down? Easier. And you don't have to marry him.