Friday, November 30, 2007

Pussy!


I constantly surprise myself. And it's scary how much.

After a lifetime of professing that I hate cats, I've gone and got myself one. Walked into a pet shop yesterday and saw this adorable brown one up for adoption. And so I took it.

She's called 'Cinnamon'. Other names considered were 'Auburn', Hazel. But I felt Cinnamon had more, how shall I say it, spice. (Yes it was deliberate)

She was very quiet in the office and very worried in the car. But once I got her home, she transformed completely. She scooted around the house climbing up this chair, scaling that curtain, and when I settled down to watch some tv, she jumped right into my lap and started licking me. I got the distinct feeling that I had passed her test and had finally been adopted by her, instead of the other way around.

But I'm worried. I've been cheating on my species. How shall I face my Sophie? Will she accept her? Shall I have to give one up? Should I tell Sophie about her? After all, she's back home with Mom and Dad, while I whore around the countryside with this hussy. :)

Oh! the pains of pet polygamy.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Lovely. I finally found a post I liked.:p

Would love to meet Cinnamon - she's my favourite spice. :)