Thursday, May 11, 2006

Inspired perspiration

Do you know that a stallion when left with just one mare, tires of mounting her over and over again? But if another mare is intoduced in an adjoining stable, in sight of the stallion, it renews its vigour.

Much like the stallion, just one sms from someone really close to me, saying that he loved my blog has spurred me on to write more. And so last night, I galloped throught three poems in just an hour.

But then I awoke today morning, I realized that the pace showed in the verses. It read like a last minute homework. Like someone speeding on a cruiser or cruising on a speedster. It didn't belong. Makes me wonder if it's better to consistently write mediocre, or show flashes of genius between writing you won't wipe your ass with.

I don't know.

No comments: