Saturday, May 20, 2006

Motorhead

Hi-Torque, lo-torque, swing suspension, fixed suspension, 62's better than 67's. That's the lingo I dabble in nowadays. I'm considering buying a bike you see. I'm tired of waiting for good cruisers to come into India. I'll settle for a 350cc Royal Enfield instead. But I need an old model, 62 batch. And looking for it ain't easy.

It should come for around 12K. Another 20K spent on it to suit my preferences and I wouldn't need to beg others for a mount to ride off over the weekend. My parents would give me hell for it but it's ok. You see I've had two really bad crashes and they now fear for my life. The last one left me bed-ridden for 2 months with a cast the size of Antarctica. And I refused to get plates put into my leg, so I had to wear the cast for over 6 months. I moved around with crutches. But that was years back.

I will buy this bike. And so I shall have three means of transportation at my disposal. A car, a Motorbike and a bicycle. Four, if you count my Willys Jeep back in Delhi. Four means of transportation spanning four technologies and three types of fuel. What more can a man ask for.

World peace?

No comments: